I have to bring this to your attention due to a number of people asking me if our coaching is group or 1:1 format, as there are a number of discount providers appearing in the Irish market on Groupon and other sales sites. We only do 1:1 coaching because Group Interview Coaching will fail to help you in your interview. Here is why:
1. There is not enough time to focus on you as an individual. When it comes to coaching one size does not fit all. Your answers are going to be based on your very own experience, so forget about generic group coaching.
2. In group coaching one or two people will always dominate the coaching with lots of questions and interruptions to get the coach to focus on them. This psychologically is called group dominance, the alpha of the group will always want to dominate others. You are not paying good money to let someone else get all the attention.
3. You get what you pay for, never a truer word is spoken. You may as well go and buy a book on how to prepare for your interview, it costs less than group coaching, and you will get exactly the same information. With 1:1 coaching we go beyond the generics and actually go through each individual answer with you, helping you put the best of you in to all your answers. No group or book can do that.
4. Every individual is unique, it is up to us as your coach to help you identify your Unique Selling Points, you may not even no what they are. There won't be time in group coaching for the coach to do this for you.
5. Sometimes there are skeletons or blips in you background that you don't want to talk about in front of a group of people that will get to know your secrets. This is Dublin, it's a small town, and you don't know where you may bump into your fellow group members in the future, one may even be your next boss! Don't risk letting your faults, or weaknesses become public knowledge. As a professional coach we enter a vow of confidentiality from the very moment you contact us.
I hope that helps you see why 1:1 coaching is the only way to go with interview coaching.
If you are interested in booking a 1:1 confidential coaching programme get in touch here.
12/15/2017 12:05:10 pm
Yes, there are innumerable reasons why the group coaching fails have the out-turn you are waiting for. Before commencing a group interview coaching program, first, you need to make sure that the coachee or the client is interested to grasp the new skills and secrets from you. Else, it may seem like pulling a hinny up a hummock, with your one hand. Because the truth is, the group curriculum program cannot be applied to anyone. In addition to that, the coach must have the ability to push you to achieve your personal best. Also, by driving the tie-ups in a proactive way and spotting hidden skills of the group members, the group coaching initiative will be successful at leveraging the collaborative wisdom of the group.
Leave a Reply.
Clare Reed is a leading global expert Interview Coach with over 24 years global interviewing and coaching experience.